Monday, February 3, 2014

Education of Luna

Link to the video


Naturally it was a shock to discover the litter I thought I was to have ended up a singleton.  This is a first for us, and we are feeling our way as we go.  I think things are going well.  My first concern was the socialization aspect Luna would miss.  No litter mates to rough her up, snuggle, and learn all though intricate canine communication skills.  Second, and the most challenging, is the weight gain/growth rate.  This has proven to be a real challenge, especially when Momma consistently wants to nurse her littler one.  A doting mother. 



Recently the socialization worry has dissipated.  Luna seems to learn quite a bit from her sister, Willow Sunshine.  Sunshine appears to enjoy the job of big sis.  Pearl is a natural, and consistently patient with Luna, not a teaching moment goes by.  Other puppy friendly dogs have come to visit from, Ziggy and Jerry, Cleo, and Zoe.  Each with their own set of curiosity for Luna.

Nash has shown great restraint with Luna, and I am proud of him.  Much attention to Luna's where-a-bouts is constant. 



Many dog communication skills are learned with the subtle, and not so subtle, interactions between Luna and her family. I don't claim to know exactly what is communicated, but I can see Luna has gained much knowledge.  Still, I plan to get her "out-and-about" when the time comes, and before she moves onto her new home.   



I think she will be just fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment